It wasn’t that long ago when wired devices were your only option when hooking up a home security system. Forget placing a security camera on a countertop or governing your implements with a mobile device. With that being said, home security is much different now, due in large part to the development of wireless technology. You now have a wealth of added benefits to experience -- like remote access, components that connect and react to each other, and simpler installations. Wireless home security systems in West Lafayette will protect your home while adding convenience to your life.
What To Consider When Switching To Wireless
Perhaps the most essential element of wireless home security can be summarized in these two words - internet connection. If you have fast internet and a quality wireless router, you’re on the right path for a wireless setup.
If you’re worried about an internet or power outage, search for options that have cellular and battery backups at hand to maintain the connection to your monitoring team indefinitely.
When you live in a more rural area without stable cellular or internet access, a wired installation will probably be a better choice. Or It may also benefit you financially to go the traditional route if you live in a house that currently has wiring for security components installed.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in West Lafayette will enhance the safety of your property, which is the primary purpose to begin with. But, if you prefer the possibility of using the most advanced features, consider these perks of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Get access to everything in your house from your locks to your thermostat from your smartphone with the ADT Control app. You have the ability to see footage from cameras, activate your connected lights, and even turn on your alarm if you neglected to do so. When a security event takes place, you can have notifications delivered directly to your smartphone.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about all the messy wiring, damage to drywall, and time-consuming system setups. The great thing about wireless components is that you may install them practically anywhere and with little time or effort. If you would like to customize later with new equipment, incorporating components into your system is easy.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless capability makes interactions between devices possible with quick, bi-directional communications. You may direct your components to act in specific circumstances to boost your protection and discourage home invasions. For example, if your outside camera discerns suspicious movement on your property, it may prompt your entryway lighting to activate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In West Lafayette
Even though wireless home security systems in West Lafayette have shown to be reliable, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about utilizing one. The following are some of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-powered wireless elements might stop working if the battery is depleted. Although this could happen, your smart devices will send you a notification whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors usually need to be arranged within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT is able to supply range extenders in various scenarios to increase your adaptability.
- Like all types of internet-connected networks, the fear of being hacked is relevant. You can take action to prevent this by using strong passwords, never using default passwords or settings, and choosing a router with a built-in firewall. Additionally, you should only use security components with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Experts
Would you like to take advantage of the latest in West Lafayette wireless home security? Contact us at (765) 221-3339 to talk to the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will aid you in creating the right package for your property.