What are you looking for in a baby monitor in West Lafayette?
In the olden days, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You install a microphone-type device on a table next to your child’s bed, transmitting sound to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. Fortunately, baby monitors now have more options. To illustrate, many monitors now have clear HD video capability and two-direction communications. You can also link your monitors to Wi-Fi so you can roam wherever you want. The top baby monitors in West Lafayette are so elaborate that they are similar to inside surveillance in both capabilities and expense.
Should you replace your baby monitor with an indoor security camera?
Knowing that baby monitors and home defense cameras share comparable functionality, you will find quite a few parents in West Lafayette linking their nursery to their overall home defense. This approach is beneficial -- specifically when using to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your security camera should have at least 1080p high-def video, and infrared functionality for reliable low-light performance.
● Two-direction audio: You won’t always have to go to the nursery to get your baby back to sleep. A comforting word might be the only thing needed to keep bundle of joy sleeping.
● Motion activation: While it’s possible to have your monitoring device stay on constantly to carefully watch your newborn, your attentiveness might begin to waver. Conversely, if your video surveillance detects anything unusual, it can be programmed to send a message to your smartphone. You will appreciate this when the baby silently tries to climb over the crib or if a pet noses into the space.
● Recording capabilities: The majority of baby monitors do not capture video footage. Now you have the ability to deliver a brief sample to friends or family members to let them see what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Mobile phone monitor: As an alternative to having to lug monitoring equipment with you, you are now able to view your child from your smart home mobile app. You can even check in on your tot and babysitter if you’re able to get a date night.