The latest home security solutions have become more capable every year. Even so, you may still fail to complete simple security tasks like activating your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to remember doing these chores in the future? When utilizing geofencing in West Lafayette, you can just leave the house and have your security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In West Lafayette For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary along the sides of your property, which you may customize within your smartphone app. This convenient tool then tracks your phone to deduce when you go beyond the border and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements take advantage of to share information with one another. This innovative approach aids your security system by grouping all components onto one, unified network. You can institute specific boundaries along the perimeter of your house and assign particular actions if you go past the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, shortly after you pull away from your premises, you could program your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing can notify your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, turn on lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
These are several of the devices you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics like TVs or appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your home’s security system in West Lafayette. When accessing the ADT Control app, you can do a lot with home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart devices to engage at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to turn down to signal that it's time for bed, or disengage your alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain equipment engage when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if a smoke detector is set off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light when your doorbell camera notices unusual motion around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Make your lighting lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks engage when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with the right light and thermostat adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to arm your alarm system as you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in West Lafayette
Whether you’re looking for added peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (765) 221-3339 or send in the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.