Security cameras can easily be used as a warning—a display that tells criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, modern security cameras are equipped with a number of tools all designed to provide all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording options or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detection, these tools enable you to utilize the most from video surveillance in West Lafayette.
How To Set Up Your West Lafayette Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is mounting them in the best areas around your home. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in common areas such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a great idea to have a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to enter through to get to the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras ideally afford a clear scene of your patio, drive, front and backyard, garage, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. Then get a view of your front door via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas around your interior that are less imperative to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Seclusion for you and your visitors should be a major consideration before installing a security device in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you need some type of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Component location is only the first step in extracting the most out of home security cameras in West Lafayette. The features described below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your phone anytime unusual activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to begin filming when activity is discovered which will boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your video surveillance to capture footage and store clips for easy viewing later.
- Two-way audio: Most of current security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to speak to anyone through the unit. With your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and gives you a more exhaustive view of any space. Check for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that can pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your video surveillance come with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the freedom to secure specific areas within your living space.. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to alert you of activity taking place on your yard or your patio and ignore cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant notifications when the see something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your security cameras in West Lafayette is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system rises from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (765) 221-3339 or complete the form below to get started customizing your home security and camera system today.