Valuable Tips For Using Home Security Lighting In West Lafayette
Deterrence is a critical part of your home’s protection, and one of the best ways to keep prowlers away from your house is by using lights. A well-lit exterior not only looks great, it’s also much less likely to have intrusions. If you would like to enhance your home’s security, check out these worthwhile suggestions for home security lighting in West Lafayette. We have several ideas for outside and inside illumination that will benefit your family.
Add Security And Appeal With Landscape Lighting
The right kind of outside lighting and strategically placed video cameras will help immensely in keeping intruders away from your residence. Try these West Lafayette outside lighting suggestions.
- Light your primary entryways: Front and back doors continue to be the most likely locations for invasions. Ensure those access points are well-lit but don’t ignore your garage. While bright motion-sensing floodlights are a preferred installation for this spot, it’s not the only possibility. As an alternative to blinding your neighbors whenever an animal scurries past, you can utilize less offensive lights that remain on all night. Make no mistake, intense, motion-sensing floodlights may frighten off unwanted guests, but having a well-positioned light that remains on is more likely to keep them away from your property to begin with.
- Incorporate multi-function task lights: Those enchanting lights beside your pathway do more than show you the way at night. They also allow you to see parts of your landscape you might not otherwise be able to from indoors.
- Add beauty and security with accents: Not only for aesthetic reasons, accent lights are a smart way to shine light on areas that may otherwise be utilized as places to hide. You can place accents in flower beds outside first-story windows, in front of retaining walls, or next to shrubbery and trees. These options offer a dramatic effect while enhancing your security.
- Shine light on the edges of your property: A layered approach to lighting should also address your perimeter. Illuminating your fence, gates, and outer edges of your property will help dissuade trespassers.
How To Enhance Protection With Interior Lighting in West Lafayette
Home security lighting in West Lafayette incorporates more than just outside illumination. Your interior lights are critical in improving safety as well. Smart lights that can be implemented into your home’s protection are valuable for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling: Put your lights on a schedule and make it appear like people are home. This is an easy deterrent and a sensible plan if you’re gone.
- Access from anywhere: If you take a vacation but don’t remember to put lights on a schedule, you can still turn them on with your useful smartphone app.
- Connecting to other security elements: If the motion detector on your outside camera goes off, you might have your foyer light inside automatically turn on. This action is yet another method to deter trespassers.
Dissuade Theft Even More With A Home Security System In West Lafayette From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Fortify your strategically illuminated residence with the finest in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our modern home security systems in West Lafayette permit you to automate, access, and control all types of smart implements, including your lighting. Call (765) 221-3339 today to customize a package for your property.